On Jan. 22 Kristiana Coignard, a 17-year-old young lady, was gunned down by officers in the?police station of the Longview Police Department in Longview, Texas. Here is a partial breakdown of the 23-minute, 44-second video.
- At the 1:24 mark: What appears to be a young female enters the police station lobby. The young female appears to be between 5-foot-4?and 5-foot-6. She’s wearing baggy black clothes, but appears to be very petite.
- At the 2:05 mark: The young female figure makes her way to the red emergency phone on the adjacent wall. She stands by the phone looking around for a few seconds.
- At the 2:32 mark: The young female figure pulls an object out of her right pocket. Judging from how she held and interacted with the object it may have been a cell phone. She puts the object in her opposite pocket about 40 seconds later.
- At the 4:12 mark: The young female figure picks up a wall mounted phone and calls the desk. Between the 2:32 and 4:12 mark she appears to hesitate; you see her pull her hand away from the phone a few times before picking it up. It isn’t clear what was said.
- At the 7:38 mark: What appears to be a larger male figure – ?approximately 6 feet tall and over 200 pounds, and dressed in what could be a black police officer’s uniform – enters from the front entrance of the police lobby. He proceeds directly to the young girl. His hand is on his left hip. He stops maybe three feet from the young girl, and starts an interaction at the 7:45 mark.
- At the 7:55 mark: the large male appears to reach for the young girl, but she pulls away. He appears to hold her hand or wrist. She backs up about 10-t0-12 feet into a black chair around the 8:03 mark.
- At the 8:03-10:15 mark: The large male struggles with the young female. He appears to try to hold her down in the chair, while she kicks and struggles. He seemingly lets her stand up around the 10:15 mark.
- At the 10:21 mark: The large male grabs the back of the young female’s neck and slams her face first onto the floor. He appears to have her subdued; it looks like he he’s trying to handcuff her. But around the 10:34 mark, he suddenly gets off of her and backs away. Judging from his body language he appears to have a weapon of some kind drawn and pointed at the female.
- At the 10:44 mark: Another male figure – between?6-foot-2 to 6-foot-4?and between 220 to 240 pounds – enters the lobby through the front entrance. He appears to be wearing the same black uniform as the other male figure.
- At the 10:53 mark: The young girl appears to stand up, unrestrained. It isn’t clear what she’s holding in her hand. The new male figure appears to be talking to the young female while the other male figure backs away pointing what appears to be a gun at the female.
- At the 11:02 mark: What appears to be a female figure – approximately 5-foot-4 to 5-foot-6, maybe 140 to 165 pounds, and wearing a black uniform similar to that worn by the two?males – enters the lobby through the front entrance. She proceeds to the second?male’s position.
- At the 11:06 mark: The young female figure rushes forward towards the first male figure, who has his gun trained on her. It’s still unclear what she has in her hand. That male appears to fire three or four shots into the young female. The second male figure can be seen with what appears to be a gun or Taser drawn and pointed towards the young female figure, but it’s unclear if he discharges the weapon. The uniformed female figure draws her weapon and trains it on the young female after she collapses to the floor. The primary shooter and the uniformed female figure both keep their weapons trained on the prone young female figure while the second?male figure appears to check her.
I won’t go into the details of the aftermath beyond this point.
According to Coignard’s family, the young lady had a history of mental illness, including bi-polar disorder. In an interview with People Magazine, Coignard’s mother Elizabeth said?Kristiana had texted her just a few hours before the shooting:
“She said how much she loved me. She seemed fine. Kristiana was so excited for her future.”
The Longview Police Department issued a press release on Jan. 28, saying that Kristiana was shot four times after they tried to use a Taser that had no effect. Public?information officer Kristie Brian told People Magazine that?the case is “still an ongoing investigation. But (Kristiana)?was holding a knife in a threatening matter.”
See the disturbing video below and judge for yourself. (Warning: This video may be “potentially offensive or graphic,” according to YouTube.)