With each day and each dribble of information regarding Donald Trump’s connection to Russia and Vladimir Putin, the alleged president draws ever closer to impeachment and prison.
Wisconsin Democratic Congressman Mark Pocan, who called for Trump’s impeachment in February right after Trump issued his initial travel ban, told a Sirius XM radio host that he’s seen classified documents that are “damning evidence” of Trump’s collusion with Russia operatives:
“There are things that I know, just that I’ve read in classified reports that I’m sure will still come out that will continue to be damning evidence when it comes to this relationship between the Russians trying to influence our elections and ultimately I think the Trump campaign’s potential coordination on it.”
In the same interview, Pocan added this about what he had seen:
“Some of it is in the classified version of the report, and some of that hasn’t come out yet.”
Now to be perfectly clear, we have no way of knowing what is in the documents Congressman Pocan has seen, and we may never know if they remain classified. But just the suggestion fits into a larger pattern. Here’s what we do know so far:
- Former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort, prior to joining the Trump team, was working for the Russians and being paid a salary of $10 million a year.
- Former National Security Adviser Mike Flynn met with the Russian ambassador during the campaign.
- Current Attorney General Jeff Sessions met with the Russian ambassador during the campaign.
- Top White House adviser and Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner met with the Russian ambassador during the campaign.
- The so-called president refuses to say a cross word about Vladimir Putin or Russian aggression in Ukraine.
- Trump and his campaign minions are currently under investigation by the FBI.
Clearly, it isn’t difficult to see how Pocan’s comments fit into the puzzle which is starting to be assembled with facts from various sources and inquiries.
This story is far from over with. And it’s a nightmare not only for the Trump administration, but for the entire Republican Party.
Here’s audio from Congressman Pocan’s interview:
Featured Image Via the BBC