If you’ve been following us lately, you may note that we were one of the first to write up the “rumor” of pending House Speaker Paul Ryan’s retirement. We wrote it and carefully sourced it HOURS before the “real news” outlets did.
You guys know what I’ve said (frequently) about independent journalists being more free to quickly report news or “rumors of news” than corporate news agencies. We can simply get things out there more quickly because we don’t have to jump through a bunch of hoops and approvals. The news that “broke” today is a perfect example of that.
It is official: Paul Ryan will not seek re-election.
Why the big “I told you so” lead-in? Because one man was one of the FIRST to offer a warning about a potential Trump presidency that was more dire than any we had previously heard: his Art of the Deal ghostwriter Tony Schwartz. And with the Ryan retirement pending, Mr. Schwartz has another prediction for us.
The house of cards that is known as the Trump Administration is coming DOWN.
The house (of cards) is coming down. Paul Ryan’s retirement at 48 is stunning and heartening evidence that even an enabler who sold his soul can eventually find it intolerable to work with the man he enabled.
— Tony Schwartz (@tonyschwartz) April 11, 2018
Here are some other things that Schwartz predicted, with status as CHECK (done) and PENDING (not yet, but just you watch!).
- “He has no attention span.” (CHECK)
- “It’s impossible to imagine him paying attention for a long period of time.” (CHECK)
- “[…] a stunning level of superficial knowledge and plain ignorance.” (CHECK)
- He will sell out his kids and even let them go to prison to protect himself. (CHECK: he already sold out Michael Cohen, among others)
- “Trump is going to resign and declare victory before Mueller and congress leave him no choice.” (PENDING)
- “If Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilization.” (Gulp…PENDING…and hope it stays that way)
- “All signs suggest to me that Putin owns Trump.” (PENDING…so far)
In today’s prediction, I hope Mr. Schwartz is right.